Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 36/Update

Shooter #13 is.............



JEREMY!
(affectionately known as "Remy")

Jeremy almost chickened out but he forged on and ended up giving me one of the best Follistim shots I've had. That pen is really awkward and uncomfortable and I know it hasn't been easy for anyone who has used it so far.

**********BIG NEWS UPDATE***********

I had another appointment today at the clinic. I had more bloodwork and another ultrasound. This time my Mom got to go with me and see our little "eggies". The doctor said he saw about 15 eggs and that everything look exactly how he wanted it to (Kudos to everyone who gave shots!).

He said he planned on implanting 2 eggs and that he didn't plan on making me an "Octomom".

collective sigh of relief

Although I'm not having the retrieval this weekend like I had hoped, I am scheduled Tuesday morning! That isn't very much longer so I can handle that. The bad news is that we have to be there at 7:15 am. Since it is a 2 hour drive from here, we will probably be spending the night in Cincinatti instead of driving in that morning.

The transfer of the embryos is tentative for the following Friday but we won't know for sure until a couple days after the retrieval when they can moniter them to see how they do.

It was so exciting to sit down with the nurse today and get my final instructions and really plan things out. When I think that it has been 36 days since we started this cycle that seems so long but now that we're nearing the end, it seems like it has flown by at the same time. Does that make sense? The excitement is probably clouding my memory:)

I only have 2 more shots left so if anyone wants to volunteer for Friday or Saturday, speak now or forever hold your peace! Last chance........

1 comment:

mhoward said...

Congratulations Sara!!! We are both so excited for you & Steve! If you still need someone for Saturday's shot, I would love to help with that. Just let me know. My number is 338-3997 or email: nhoward3303@yahoo.com