Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 31

Shooter #10 is.........



LESLIE!

This was the first time that Leslie & Michael got to meet Elly so we were so excited to show her off. I busted out the sling and everything! Of course Elly took right to them and showed her own self off. She is excited to have two new friends:)

Leslie was nervous about giving the shot at first but she did a really good job! I have to remind everyone that I have NEVER stuck anyone with a needle so you all have a one up on me. I would be nervous too:)

This new shot is a little trickier than the first one. This device is shaped like an oversized ink pen.



You take the cap off and insert the needle into the end



It has a cartridge that contains the medicine that stays loaded in the pen so you just have to change it when it runs out. The tricky part is that you have to push the end of the "pen" to inject the medicine, but while you are pushing it, it is also turning so it makes it a little awkward to hold the needle in and push steady at the same time. The good news is that I can't really feel the needle after it's in so it doesn't hurt. You also have to leave this shot in for 5 seconds after you've injected the medicine to make sure it all stays in.

Day 32 will have a brand new shooter so stay tuned.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, you are a brave girl. I am not sure I would allow Leslie around me with anything sharp. I always wanted her to be a nurse, however she never like the sight of blood. Good luck with you efforts. Please do not have eight at a time.