Friday, April 3, 2009

Transfer update

*****************UPDATE*********************
I'm feeling much better this morning! My nurse called today(Saturday) to check on me and said that I sounded fine to come in tomorrow. She told me that this bloating that I have will peak at 7 days post retrieval. That means that after next Tuesday it should start to go down. But then it will hopefully grow again:)
*******************************************

Original Post:

We got a call this morning that we are scheduled for our embryo transfer on Sunday morning.

This is great news because it means that our embryos are growing rapidly and they said there was no doubt that we could wait until then.

This is something that I had prayed for from the beginning. One of my concerns was that I would be in a position where I would have to make a choice concerning our embryos. I prayed that our doctor would have a clear determination of how many we should transfer and when and that I wouldn't have to make any choices. My prayers have been answered on this situation.
Thank you, Lord.

I have a more clear picture now on the symptoms I have been having since the retrieval. I have Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. This is very common and the level of discomfort is based largely on the number of eggs that were retrieved. A normal egg retrieval is 12-15 eggs. Obviously, 32 is more than double the average. After the eggs are retrieved, the sacs that the eggs were in remain behind and they are now filling with fluid. This is what is causing my stomach to swell. I guess I'm having a little preview of what I'll look like 5 months pregnant because that's how swollen I am. My pain in my abdomen has started to subside but now I am battling with nausea. If I actually do start getting sick then there is a possibility they will not do my transfer and have to freeze our embryos.

I need everyone to Pray, Pray, Pray!

We don't want to have to go through this. To freeze the embryos gives another battle as some of them won't survive the thawing process.

I believe that God has heard our prayers thus far and I believe that he will hear them now!

It has taken me several hours to write this post because I've been feeling sick. I am happy to report that I am now feeling much better and my doctor called me in a prescription to control the nausea. My nurse is going to call me tomorrow to check in and make sure that I'm feeling well so we can proceed.

Let's all just keep praying for smooth sailing from here.

No comments: