Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hangin in There

Today is the first day in a while that Steve hasn't been able to be home with me. I was a little upset this morning when he had to leave for work and I realized I would be on my own.

Then I had to remind myself, I am never alone.

I prayed for strength and then finally pulled myself out of bed and set up my computer in my office again. I'm happy to say that I've been working in my chair all day and I haven't had to take any pain medicine! This is a huge milestone. My doctor told me that today would be my worst day and I feel like today is the day that I've felt the best.

My routine has been to work on my laptop in my bed and I would have to alternate sitting and laying down every couple hours. I've only laid down for about 45 minutes so far today. I will make it a point to rest plenty later but this is helping me to progress into going back into the office soon.

I am still swollen and I haven't seen any evidence of that letting up yet. I've started rubbing cocoa butter on my belly because I can literally feel it stretching at times. Normally one would ease into this growing stage, but I just woke up one morning and there it was. I also can't walk standing upright. I kind of tip forward. I know that sounds really funny and believe me, it is funny. I just don't have a long enough torso and I didn't get to ease my equilibrium into all this weight I'm carrying up front.

I've had some issues with the way I look right now. I haven't wanted to go in public in case I would run into someone I know. I was afraid someone would ask me how far along I am and I would have to reply- "3 days". That would seem strange. Part of me wants to keep this to myself because it is my story. Well I am wrong. This is His story. I'm only a character in it.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me". Phillipians 4:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know i;m thinking of you.....grow little babies, grow! take good care of yourself!

Love, Lauren