Sunday, April 5, 2009

Transfer Complete!

*****************UPDATE*********************

We got a call this morning that our remaining 4 embryos have also made it to the blastocyst stage today and are ready for freezing!! This is another answered prayer for us as I am in no rush to go through the retrieval process again anytime soon.

Thank you Lord for your continued blessings.

*********************************************

Original Post:

This morning, Steve and I were the happy recipients of two beautiful embryos!

We had two embryos that made it to the full blastocyst stage and our doctor said we had a perfect transfer. In fact, he said that everything we've done so far has been perfect so we all have done the best we could possibly do. He said we have a 70% success rate.

That was music to our ears!

I'm staying on bed rest through Monday and then hopefully I'll be able to "waddle" around better the rest of the week. My stomach is swelling a little more everyday and will continue to for a couple more days before it finally will go back down.

We took some great pictures while we were at the clinic today but unfortunately, I left my camera at my Mom's so I can't post them until I get it back.

FYI: Steve looks totally cute in scrubs!

As many of you know, today is our 6th wedding anniversary. I can't think of any better gift we could have than our embryo transfer. This has definitely been surreal. We never imagined that 6 years down the road, this is where we would be. It really makes you take a step back and be so thankful for the things that you have. It helps you keep perspective on things that are most important.

I think about how 6 years ago, all of our family and friends rallied around us to help us celebrate this new life that we were beginning together. How funny that right now, you are all still here, doing that same thing....

Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing with us. And thank you for sticking with us for whatever lies ahead.