Monday, April 13, 2009

Eventful Easter Weekend

Sorry I haven't been able to update lately but I've had a rough few days.

Friday afternoon I started feeling exhausted and run down. By Saturday, I had grown 3" more in my stomach area. I'm running out of room to grow so now I'm expanding in my sides. Late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I began getting upset to my stomach and having increased pains. I finally had to break down and contact my doctor at 1:30am. I told him I wanted to go to the hospital but I wasn't sure if they could do anything for me. He agreed that I could go in since I couldn't keep any liquids down.

He said he would call ahead to the er we were going to and give them instructions on how to treat me because most er doctors haven't seen this kind of condition before. It turns out that he called the wrong hospital and when the er doctor came to see me he said "oh my gosh, why does your stomach look like that!". That was encouraging. Steve immediately gave him our doctors phone number and the two of them worked it out.

I ended up having to have 3 bags of iv fluid, some pain medicine and nausea medicine. We didn't leave there until 5:30 in the morning and neither of us had been to bed yet. Needless to say, we were exhausted.

We weren't able to go and visit with anyone on Easter sunday but we were blessed with some visitors who came to see us. My mom came over to bring us lunch and she helped clean my house (Thank you, thank you, thank you, MOM) and Rebecca and Jeremy came over to bring us dessert. Thank you everybody for thinking of us while we were unable to leave the house:)

My doctor is going to call me everyday now to check on me and I'm supposed to go back to Cincinatti tomorrow for them to examine me and see if they can drain some of this fluid I am retaining. They said there is a possibility it could come back. The good news is, that I'm being told that since I am still having these symptoms, it means that the process is more than likely working. I think that makes this somewhat more bearable but I'll still be relieved to have some of this fluid subside for now. I would like to look 6 months pregnant when I am actually 6 months instead of 6 days!

Please keep me in your prayers and pray for these symtoms to subside as quickly as possible. I'm having to stay home now more times than not and I don't want that to interfere with my work. There is no one else in my office that can do my work except me so I want to be able to stay on top of it.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend and I hope to have nothing but good updates from here on out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are more than welcome!!! Hang in there, it will all be worth what you are going through. We love you!
-Rebecca & Jeremy

Ashley Nelson said...

Hey...I am glad you updated. I just talked to Rebecca and I am sorry you are in bed on Easter and not even really resting, YUCK. Is it inappropriate to really want to see a picture of you right now? J/K I will pray for you today specifically for your current symptoms and your job duties...

Love-ashley

Anonymous said...

We think about you everyday and you are always in my prayers. I'm pretty sure we could get a group together and help you with one of those Homearama Houses, just say the word. What is family for??

Keep your chin up, it will get better.

Love Aunt Phyllis