Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bedrest Day 1

Well I've officially declared myself on bedrest throughout the duration of this swelling. The fluid I had drained yesterday is already coming back little by little. The more I'm on my feet, the more I can feel the pressure building up. Even if I stand up for 5 or 10 minutes, I can tell a substantial difference. I am able to lay down now which is a huge relief because I wasn't able to do that before yesterday. I think if I just take it easy for a little while then it will speed up the process.

I am a little bit of a busy body so this will be a challenge for me to sit still. It is very hard for me to let other people do things for me instead of just doing them myself (except Steve, I have no problem asking him to help me and he's probably getting tired of it!). I have trouble with simple tasks like putting on pants or socks. It's hard to stand up to take a shower but it's hard to wash my hair if I'm in the bath. Shaving my legs has not even been an option for a few days. Ha!

My Dad came to get me today and take me to Kroger to pick up a few things. I had to ride in the scooter grocery cart. I am happy to say that I didn't run into anything:) Just that little trip wore me out though so I'm on the couch for the rest of the day.

I'm going to have to take this day by day just like when I first started this process.

And no matter what, I know that my God is the same today as He was at the beginning of this process and He will continue to carry us through.

No comments: