Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Doctor Appointment Update

Today I went to a doctor appointment with my new obgyn. I had to wait 45 minutes past my appointment time to go in so I hope that just means they're so good that everyone in town goes to see them.

I had a good consultation with Dr. S. She said they work with my doctor at the clinic all the time and they really like them so that made me feel good. Before I told her I was an IVF patient she said she thought I was six months along. That's even with my swelling starting to go down! She confirmed everything my doctor at the clinic said about my overstimulation and she assured me that all the medications I am on are safe. That has been my biggest concern at this point that I have been on all these meds but when you deal with hyperstimulation of your ovaries, that is a serious condition and it needs to be dealt with.

Fortunately, I began to see some progress Monday morning. I woke up and felt a little stronger and didn't need to take a pain pill all day. I did wake up several times in the middle of the night and ended up having to take a pill at 4 am but I haven't had one since then. I also have been measuring my stomach to keep track of the swelling and it appears that I have lost 2 inches. I'm getting a little better now day by day.

I'm not scheduled to have any other doctor appointments until after Derby. Right now I'm just focusing on getting past this hyperstimulation and trying to get back to work. I've tried keeping up with things at home but I tire very easily and I'm moving slow so I'll be glad to catch back up.

I just want to thank everyone who has helped us these past couple weeks. My mom has helped us so many times with cleaning, laundry, and so many more things I couldn't even possibly list them all. My sweet mother in law made sure we had fresh groceries and that Steve was taken care of on his birthday when I was in no condition to do so. Others have brought us food and just given us words of encouragement and every little bit has meant so much to us.

This weeks prayer request is for me to just get back to "normal", whatever that is:)

No comments: