Friday, February 13, 2009

Still Waiting.....

Please forgive me for waiting a whole week to post! I have a few blogs that I check everyday and I hate when they're not updated too:)

Here is the latest information:

On Wednesday, I got to talk to Heather again (one of my favorite IVF nurses)and she told me that our antibiotics were good for one year so we won't have to take them again when we start over, Yay! She mailed me a new prescription for birth control (which I do have to take again) and a new bloodwork order that I get drawn on my Day 3. I asked her to check in with Sheila, the financial coordinater that is keeping tabs on the insurance company, to see if there was an update. I'm getting a little nervous because I only have a few days left of my birth control pills and usually when you stop taking them you start a new cycle. (Is that a lady like way to say that?)

On Thursday, Sheila returned my call but I missed it so she left me a message. She said that they mailed my "letter of medical necessity", which states my past treatments, medical history, etc.., to the insurance company at the beginning of this week. She wants me to check in with the insurance company in about a week just to make sure they received the letter because they didn't give them a direct contact to mail it to. Evidently there is a lady named Karen at the clinic who is also helping process our claim and she said that she spoke with the insurance company and they stated to her that we were covered so it's only a matter of formality now that we receive their "acceptance" letter.

This is all really great news and we are so grateful that things are progressing as they are. Of course we wish it could happen faster but either way I am just thankful that in the long run, we will be able to have full coverage for the in vitro. I'm sure every one of you would have done the same thing.

I was a little sad today because I still have my calendar hanging on the refrigerator and today would have been Day 20. We would have been about halfway there. The thought of starting all over again is discouraging. Those first few weeks were long but exciting because I got to share it with all of you. So I've been a little down this week just thinking about having to go through those first couple weeks again and at the same time, not knowing when I'll even be able to start them.

Please pray that we'll get a miraculous quick answer from the insurance company and that we'll be able to start again on my next cycle. That is my prayer and I would be ever so grateful if you would join your faith with mine and pray in agreement with me.

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or more have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

I do have something to look forward to this weekend. Steve is planning a Valentine's Day surprise for me so I can't wait to see what it is....

Thank you all for sticking with me. Hopefully I'll have good news soon:)

Happy Valentine's Day!
Sara

1 comment:

Ashley Nelson said...

HEY...prayers always and I think that when your babies get here they will have the perfect birthday...