Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 8

I called the clinic today to check on my bloodwork. I needed to make sure they didn't need to adjust the pharmacy order so I can place that order next week. To my surprise, when they pulled my chart they saw they hadn't received my results yet.

I had to call Labcorp and ask what the deal was only to find out that the person working the day I went in didn't enter the clinic's fax number so it never got sent over. She then informed me that to get the results we would have to contact the main office and that only the clinic could do that because it wouldn't make sense for me to be able to obtain my own lab results?!?

My IVF nurse of the day, Samantha, called the main office and got my results. This test was for my FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). This time I have a 4.9. Last time I had a 5.3. I was reading that the lower the number, the better for fertility. This is an excerpt I found for those of you who are interested:

If the ovary has many eggs, the FSH in a woman’s blood is low because the body doesn’t need to work hard to get a normal ovulation. If the egg number is low, the body needs to work harder to get ovulation, so it increases the amount of FSH in an effort to push the ovaries. A high FSH means the egg number is reduced, sometimes to levels so low that pregnancy is not possible.

So the level is actually better this time than last:) That means that my medication order doesn't need to be adjusted so I'm good to go on that.

Good thing I like to be organized.

There is a possiblity that I might have to fly to Alabama the week after next for work. I was a little anxious about this because it would be only my third day of my injections. I had read on one of my handouts that my first injection, Lupron, had to be refrigerated. Since I am trying to keep this low key around the people I work with, I thought it might be hard to explain why I was taking a cooler on the airplane (I was thinking...the drinks are too expensive so I brought my own?). I found out today that it doesn't have to be refrigerated but I still will probably have to check my luggage since I will have to take needles with me. Samantha also told me that I will probably have to have a note from them to give to the airline even to check the syringes in my luggage. I'll probably be the brunt of the jokes for checking my luggage for a one night stay but oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of love, good luck, and good vibes your way! We're thinking of you both!

-Lauren