Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 9

I called to check in today about my bloodwork from last week.

I really have to take a second and brag on my IVF nurses at the clinic. I have talked to three different nurses since my Day 1 and they have all been so sweet! Some of you know that I haven't had pleasant experiences in the past with my previous doctors office. While I was trying to go through initial fertility testing with my OBGYN, I was constantly put off on my doctors assistant and rarely got to talk to the doctor herself. She always seemed inconvenienced by me and I just thought that was the way it was with everyone. Then I would hear from others about how much they loved their doctor and I was so jealous! I am happy to say that I have found a doctors office that is finally pampering me a little bit:)

Back to the bloodwork...
I had my FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone) tested. This hormone helps control the production of the eggs. You want the level to be below 10 and mine was a 5.3. Heather said that I had a GREAT number!! Yay! I felt like I had been given an award for finally doing something right! She told me that my initial dosages for my shots were all in line so I can send off for my medicine anytime I want. She said that I should start taking my shots on Feb.10th as instructed and go for my next bloodwork checkup on Feb. 23rd. I told her I didn't think I should be unsupervised for that long and she assured me I would be ok and I can check in with her anytime I want:0)
Isn't that nice service?

By her predictions, I would have to visit Cincinnati on March 2nd for more bloodwork and an ultrasound to check out the eggs. Then I still have a tentative date of March 9th for retrieval.

It seems like a month has passed by since our Day 1 and it's only been 9 days! Anxious much?

Happy Groundhog Day!
Sara

No comments: