Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

A day late but not a dollar short:)

I intended to have my first pregnant photo on this post but was too exhausted to mess with it yesterday.

I have to say that I had a wonderul Mother's Day. There was no big party, I wasn't lavished with diamonds but just being able to walk around (or lay around) all day knowing that I was carrying two small miracles meant EVERYTHING to me.

Steve and Elly had a sweet surprise for me in the morning. I heard Steve say "take it to mommy" and then I saw Elly run around the house like a maniac with a card in her mouth. Steve chased her through three rooms trying to get it back from her. It was a very sweet Mother's Day card and even sweeter with tiny teeth marks on it:)


I did get to go to church Sunday morning and stand to be prayed over with all the other moms. And while I wasn't the first one up like I hoped (turns out it takes me a little longer to get up these days!), I was still standing with that special group of women, with my tear stained face, thanking God for my miracles.

I want to also take the time to honor two special women in my life, my mom and Sheri.

Mom has been so supportive of me these past few years and I don't know how I would have made it through without her. When I found out I was pregnant in December of 2005, we wanted to keep it a surprise from our parents until Christmas but turns out, at my first doctor appointment, I found out that I might be losing my baby. I went to the doctor that day alone and had to call mom when I got home, bawling my eyes out, and tell her I was pregnant and that it was bad news. I don't know how she drove to my house and sat and comforted me and kept composed the entire time. I guess that's just what mom's do. From that day forward, I never had to go to an appointment alone. And a few weeks later when I had an ultrasound to confirm that we had an ectopic pregnancy, Mom was there. When they made me go to the emergency room to begin treatment to terminate the pregnancy, Mom was there. When I had to go back to the emergency room a couple weeks later because the treatment didn't work, Mom was there. When I went to my first support group meeting for infertility, Mom was there. When I had an ultrasound last week and heard the most wonderful news that I could ever hear, Mom was there. I'm so glad that through all the bad she finally got to be there for something good.

Mom, thank you so much for your support. Thank you for carrying me when I was too weak to do it on my own. Thank you for always knowing exactly what to do. Most of all, thank you for praying for me.

A special added bonus in my life has been my Mother in Law, Sheri. From the day I met her, she has loved me and accepted me right into her family. I know that God led me to Steve and I know that he had this wonderful bonus family in mind for me also. Sheri has been there for me like I am one of her own many times. She has comforted me and let me cry on her shoulder any time I've needed to. I will never forget the time, while Steve and I were only dating, that she walked over to me and said "you just look like you need a hug". She stood there and just hugged me and that is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. I did need a hug and I was so glad it was her who gave it to me. Sheri has also been so supportive of us through our infertility struggle. She always tried to have a positive outlook for us when all I could do was see the bad. She has gone to doctor appointments with me also and I'm so glad that she gets to share in this experience with us. From this moment on, I am no longer calling her my "Mother-in-law" on this blog. It doesn't nearly do her justice. She will henceforth be my "Mother-in-love" because that's exactly what she is to me.

I have two great women in my life who are great examples of what a mother should be. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with these women in my life and thank you for showing them how to be an example for the next generation and generations to come.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: