Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ignorance is Bliss

I went to visit my babies today and I saw three new graves and it just made my heart ache. It made me reflect on the journey we've been on and how much I want my ignorance back.

I wish I didn't know how many people struggle with infertility.

I wish I didn't know how often people lose their babies for no explainable reason.

I wish I didn't know what it feels like to have a cemetery be your second home.

I wish I didn't know what it feels like to be a statistic.

I wish I didn't have to walk through all of these things to be able to relate to others who had.

I wish I had my ignorance back.


All of these things, I never would have asked to know. It wasn't my choice. But now that we are in the midst of it, it is my hearts desire to know what He would have us do with it.

It is our job to continue Lila & Cole's legacy here.

It is our job to be their voice because they haven't one.

It is our job to make sure their lives were not in vain.

We want our babies names to help change the world in Jesus' name. We buried them with that promise and we hope to be held accountable to it. We hope we can make them proud and leave the world a better place because they were here. That will be their purpose and it will be ours to find a way to do it. We have already been given a couple gifts to get this ball rolling. Here is one of them that I wanted to share with you:


Donations were made in Lila & Cole's names to the Seattle Children's Hospital Research Foundation by Steve's aunt and uncle who live in Washington. This is just one small footprint left by each of them on what I hope will be a long journey to change the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you and Steve everyday....


-Lauren