Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 2

I might have used the phrase "anxiously awaiting" a little out of context yesterday. I was hoping the clinic was "anxious" to call me first thing this morning but turns out not so much. Now where did I put the doctor on call number...?

Around 3:00 I couldn't take it anymore. I finally had to call and make sure someone got my message. I am happy to say that I was transferred directly to an IVF nurse instead of having to leave a message and wait for a call back(which I always have to do). She went through my first series of instructions and gave me the start and end dates for the medication I had filled today. I appreciated that she was patient with me and allowed time for me to write down EVERY SINGLE WORD that she said and then let me repeat it back to her. She also was so sweet as she listened to my questions which I'm sure were redundent to her. When we went for our "Education Day" back in October, the IVF nurse we were assigned to asked if I was a school teacher. She asked this because I had an extensive list of questions and my handy dandy notebook and pen which I used to write down EVERY SINGLE WORD she said. Is there any other way of doing things? I can't understand why everyone in the world doesn't think just like me....(my mom will love that I plugged that in here:)

The good news is that I don't have to start my shots until Day 17. That gives me at least 2 weeks to fret over that. I do have an idea of a way to make the shots a little more fun for me but I'll save that tidbit for later. For now it is birth control pills once a day and antibiotics twice a day. I go for bloodwork tomorrow and then wait for the pharmacy to mail me my other medications. The nurse gave me a tentative date of March 9th for egg retrieval. That is pending that all my meds go smoothly.

My sweet friend Julie posted a wonderful scripture in yesterdays comments and I have decided to make it the official scripture of this blog. Coincidentally, this is the same scripture that my sweet friend Paula gave to me when I had the ectopic pregnancy. That verse has stuck with me through various circumstances in my life, not just infertility. I hope that it will also stick with you in whatever circumstances you may have.

I have to add in a special "Happy Birthday" to Tasha........I Love You!!!

Sara

No comments: