Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 1 !!!!!

The day has finally arrived!

Of course it arrived on a Sunday. At 7:00 in the morning. While I was in Tennessee. On the only day the clinic is closed.

No worries. I called the clinic on Friday in anticipation that this would happen and they are anxiously awaiting for my message on Monday morning so they can call me and get us scheduled for all our upcoming 'adventures'. I had to call the clinic this morning to give the official "This is my Day One" message. I find it funny that on the recording it said "The office is closed today, if this is your Day One DO NOT page the doctor on call". It made me laugh to think how many excited women consider it an emergency to tell the doctor on call that this is their Day One. Of course, I heard that part of the message after I began writing the doctor's phone number down, but I digress...

We actually had a lovely day today. We traveled to Tennessee for the weekend with my in-laws to check out Fall Creek Falls State Park, which is the location for the Hardman Family Reunion in July. We got to see the villas on the lake that we will be staying in as well as the recreational areas, the waterfall, walking trails, etc... It is a beautiful park and everyone there was so nice and helpful. Here is a picture of us on the deck of the villa overlooking the lake:




We had a five hour drive home and I was so anxious to get to sit down and post this exciting news to share with all of you. Please keep the prayers coming for Steve and I. Specifically right now we need prayers for our marriage. This is the "for better or for worse" part for us so pray that we will bonded by this in a way that we never imagined. This could also be considered the "for richer or for poorer" part for us as well but I am glad to say that God has blessed us for this moment. His ways are not necessarily our ways and we can see that now. Thank you Lord for your many blessings you have already shown us.

I already have two prescriptions that were sent home with me that I have to get filled tomorrow. One is the antibiotics for me and Steve and the other is birth control pills. I also have a written order to get blood drawn on Tuesday to get the appropriate levels for my shot dosages.

I will probably be posting everyday now as we will undoubtly have stories to tell along the way. Keep checking back!


Here we go........
Sara

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited to share this journey with you both! You are in my prayers every day and when I wish on the stars, my wish is for you two to get your precious bundle (or bundles) of joy because I know that you two will be the most wonderful parents. If you need anything, day or night, don't hesitate to call.
-Rebecca & Jeremy

Trish said...

I am so glad that you are sharing this with us. It was exciting to see your message this morning. Love you both, Aunt Trish

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in our prayers! Every time I read your blog this scripture comes to mind, so I share it here.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Julie and Charlie

Anonymous said...

we are so happy that the journey down the path to starting a family has finally begun. you are in our thoughts everyday and we are here for you both if you need anything at all. we love you
leslie and michael

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you both! Your little angel is up there with my angel and they are praying together for you guys. I am soo happy for you all. Words cant express. Good luck!
Love,
Candice