Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Steve has outdone himself again.

For the past few years, instead of going out to dinner on Valentine's Day, we stay in and Steve surprises me with his culinary expertise.

You might remember the wonderful dinner he made for us last year that featured crab legs as the main course. He told me that he made that because he knew how much I loved crab legs. I proceeded to tell him that, although that is very sweet, I have in fact never had a crab leg before and that they are actually my sister in law Tasha's favorite dish. Meanwhile, the crab legs were very good and now I can add them to my list of dishes I like.

Well this year, he succeeded in making one of my favorite dishes. We had lobster tails mixed with crab meat, asparagus and red potatoes.
I have to say, that was one of the best dinners I have ever had and there is no way I could have gone out and paid $100 for a meal and it be better than what he cooked. I asked him why he doesn't cook things like that for us all the time!

He wrapped up the meal by surprising me with Bananas Foster.

Let me tell you, this is not an easy dessert to pull off. Evidently the rum he added was not very flammable (somehow the picture makes it seem way more elaborate than what the pitiful flame actually was)so we ended up starting over and leaving out the rum. So I guess it turns out we had banana sundaes. Either way, it was a perfect dinner.

Switching gears now.

So, speaking of my sister in law, Tasha, we have some exciting news to share. I am pleased to announce that her and my brother, Chris, are expecting a new addition to their family! I've already told them that they will have a little girl and she will be sweet just like her momma.

Tasha has been a wonderful sister to me and I don't think my brother could have picked a more perfect person to be his wife. My dad will tell you that Chris definitely overmarried:) I'm so glad that she now gets to add "loving mother" to this list. My brother has a 19 year old son, Shawn, so needless to say, he is out of practice!

We are so excited for this little one to make it's way into our hearts. And while it doesn't fill the void of what we all are missing, it does remind us that life begins again and it is a wonderful blessing for our family.

1 comment:

happymomof4 said...

WOW! Sounds like you had an awesome Valentine's Day- YUMMO!!!! I think your husband could teach my hubby and thing or two;) I am glad that you had a Happy Valentine's Day!!!!