Thursday, February 4, 2010

March for Babies

You may have noticed on the sidebar of our blog, a link to the March of Dimes that says "Join Our Team". We have decided to start our own Family Team this year for the March for Babies!

We have participated in this walk before with my friend Candice. She has a cutie of a daughter named Nataly who was born premature. Because of the great research and awareness the March of Dimes has, we are celebrating a very healthy Nataly's birthday this week:)

You all know that this organization is very dear to my heart because we too had premature babies who didn't get the chance to fight. But prematurity has hit close to home long before now. I've had several family members who were born early but especially one that I now call my sister.

Hannah was born at almost 25 weeks at 1 pound 6 ounces. She fought so hard and I'm sure there medical advances that were funded by the March of Dimes that helped her in her fight. I met Hannah when she was three years old and, although I wasn't there when she was born, I feel like I've relived the experience to some degree through pictures and stories from our family. And with my experience as well, I look at her today and realize what a "miracle" she is.

You all have been so generous in your donations that have been made over these past few months. I want to assure you that these donations are not something that I take lightly. It's not just a gesture to me. More, it's a statement. By your gift I feel like you are saying that Lila & Cole deserved a chance. And we are making a stand and saying "We are going to fight this"! So that next time, they will live.

All you have to do is click on the link on the sidebar and it will direct you to create a profile to be added to our team. It will ask what your personal fundraising goal is and you can leave that blank if you choose. Otherwise, the money you raise from your personal page will be added to the team's fund.

There are some details that I still need to sort out, like T-shirts, and also I would love some suggestions on a team name. Right now we are just listed as Team Lila & Cole. If you can think of something more creative that would define us, please, please send me your suggestions!

The walk will be on Saturday, May 8th at 9:00am at Slugger Field. That is Mother's Day weekend. I can't think of a better way to be a Mom than to fight for our children.

Please take a stand with us. We are raising money if you choose to support us that way, but it is not required. You are more than welcome to just walk with us. Come be with us and support us in any way you can.

No comments: