Sunday, November 22, 2009

Houston Bound: Hampton Found


We are well on our way to Houston to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with Beth (my sister in law)and Elly's favorite playmate, Squirt.

We wanted to split the drive into two days so we stopped last night just outside of Jackson, Mississippi and smuggled Elly into her first hotel experience. Steve figured he could empty his laptop backpack and put Elly in it and zip her up. It worked perfect!

Disclaimer: I do feel bad about sneaking her in but we are limited on our hotel choices where we are and service animals are allowed here. And Elly doesn't know she's a dog. She thinks she is a real person. And she doesn't shed and I gave her a bath before we left. And she is a perfect angel, just look at that face. But I digress...

She was such a good girl. We are so proud of her. She also did so good in the car. She has never been on a road trip before so I was anxious to see how she would handle it and she has been great!

I know she can't wait to see her auntie Beth and Squirt so we're going to get back on the road....

No comments: