Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Perspective

Sunrise: Park City, Utah




I just have to share that I had a major breakthrough last week. Anyone who knows me knows that I am the worst when it comes to flying. Usually I will work myself up for days anticipating having to get on an airplane. Our flight left last Tuesday for Salt Lake City and I have to say that for the first time in my entire life, I was not afraid to get on that plane.

I thought at first maybe I was just being tough, and that when it came to actually sitting on the plane that I would in fact panic. But it didn't happen. What did happen was that I was 30,000 feet closer to my babies. And when we were in Utah, I was 7,000 feet closer to my babies.

I guess what really happened was "perspective". Silly things that used to matter just don't anymore. I have had life changing experiences happen to me before where this "perspective" came into play. And that changed my life for a while, but then I slowly drifted back into my old ways and worried about the same things that I did before. I hope that I can hold on to this feeling and never let it go. I hope, if nothing else, that you can take this experience and let it change your "perspective" too.

Sunset:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've taken small steps, but you've come a long way in the last two months. It will get better.