Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Week 22

Nursery Update!!

We had a very productive weekend. We cleaned out our exercise room so we could officially turn it into a nursery and we cleaned out my home office so it can officially be a guest room.

We assembled the cribs and set them up so we could get a feel for how much room they would take up. We actually have more room than we anticipated, so now we can pick out the rest of the furniture for the room.

It was a family affair:


Proud Daddy:


We had made another trip on Saturday to the baby store and every time I go in there I look at this one bedding set and I always think to myself how cute it is. It never occurred to me that it might be an option for us because it goes against everything I had in my mind that I wanted. I knew that I didn't want to commit to any "characters" or themes. I just wanted to do stripes or polka dots or just something geometric that would coordinate the same pattern in two different color schemes for boy and girl. I also knew that I didn't want pink and blue. So when we went in Saturday, Steve and I (and Mimi Lois) took a really good look at it and looked at the coordinating set for the girl and realized that we really did like it. And we didn't have to special order it and it was half the price of everything else we looked at:) So Mimi surprised us and treated the babies to their new bedding:) Here is a sneak peek:

Auntie Hannah helping put the bedding on:


Monkeys for Baby Boy:



Flowers for Baby Girl:



And put it all together:


I'm very happy that I got to use a pink/green theme and if you look closely, they both have polka dots and stripes on the sets so I didn't completely compromise. The longer they're in there, the more I like it. I still have to come up with some decorating ideas for the wall decor and paint colors. We have more accessories for Baby Girl right now because her set was clearanced so we had to go ahead and get everything we could for her while it was still in stock. We bought Baby Boy's bedding set just so we could set it up and make sure we liked it all together. The accessories for him are still current so we can register for the rest.

Everytime I walk in that room it is still so surreal to me that in just a few months there will be TWO babies in that room!

I have a doctors appointment this week so I'll be sure to let everyone know what our status is. I've been having some dizzy spells for almost two weeks and I think it's due to low blood pressure. I've been dealing with more frequent back pain as well. The babies are kicking up a storm now and I've been able to feel Baby Girl more and more everyday. We're moving right along!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the beds and bedding. very good ideas. The months are going by fast from my viewpoint...they'll be in your arms in no time. wishing you all Gods best always Julie

Anonymous said...

I will be glad to help you paint or anything you may need help with. Let me know and I will be there. -Shannon

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have the room partially finished. I must be a bad mommy, my baby's stuff is still in boxes and he will be here very soon. LOL Cute choices, I like.