Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Week 20


We've made it half way!


It was so exciting to wake up this morning and know that we've made it through our first 20 weeks and we're still in one piece:)

Alot of things have happened in this past week. We had our Level II ultrasound and are so happy to report that everything is just as it should be. I wasn't sure at all what to expect going in and I was hesitant when we got to the hospital because they sent me to the same office where we had been 4 years ago on the day we found out my last pregnancy was ectopic. It literally took my breath away to stand in that office again and have the same exact ultrasound tech call me into the room. It's amazing how just being there could bring back every emotion I had of that day. It seems so hard to believe that was 4 years ago when it feels like it wasn't so long ago. I'm so glad that we made the decision back then to take the chemo shots instead of having surgery. My mom had told me then that by doing that, my baby would always be a part of me because the cells just absorbed back into my body. As anxious as I felt when they started the ultrasound, it was almost as if our "angel" baby was there with us.

They took a lot of measurements of the babies bones, head, bladder, etc. and checked out their hearts. They were able to see everything they needed to and told us everything looked great. And most exciting, they confirmed to us that we were having a boy and a girl! The girl is Baby A which is the one closest to my cervix and the boy is Baby B who is right above his sister. We also got to see baby girl kick baby boy right in the head! I couldn't believe my eyes and he didn't even budge. I guess there will be alot of that going on from here on out. I just hope he gets to get his jabs in too...


We got to look at our babies for an hour and a half and it was wonderful and relieving to be able to walk out of that place that gave us so much pain before, with so much joy.

Another exciting thing that happened over the weekend was that I felt the babies kick for the first time! It was at 2:00 in the morning and I was half awake and felt a little "thump". I wasn't sure if that's what it was until I felt another one and then I knew for sure. I jumped up and told Steve and we sat there and tried to feel for it again but the show was over. I woke up again at 6:00 am by another "thump" and I got a good "whop" about 8:00 am. I think it was baby boy every time because the "thumps" felt a little too high for it to be baby girl but I guess I can't be sure. It was just the sweetest thing and I know that it will probably get on my nerves down the road when they won't let up but it was so special to feel that for the first time.

And last but not least, today is a very special day for our furry baby, Elly. Today is her 3rd birthday!

I can't believe my little girl is getting so old. For her birthday, she got a brand new bone which she Loves to chew on. She also got a cake (but she's not allowed to eat it).


I think she liked it anyway:)

No comments: