Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Week 14/ Father's Day

I'm back to resume my regular blogging duties this week. I LOVE when Steve posts though, he really cracks me up:)

As I sit here eating my chips and salsa, I want to let everyone know that I have not had a blizzard yet! I would really like to get one before this month is over because Brownie Batter is my favorite blizzard and it's the flavor of the month. (If I'm allowed to have them then maybe every flavor of the month will become my favorite)

My most recent pregnancy realization this past week has been the heat. I generally swell a little in the heat anyway but I've never had my flip flops cut off my circulation. I'm used to being cold everywhere I go, mainly if I'm inside with air conditioning, but now I can't get enough of it. Church is usually the worst for me as far as being cold. Ironically, this past Sunday, Steve and I both got overheated during the service and we had to go sit in the lobby and watch the service on the screen in the coffee shop.

Father's day was of course a very special day for us. Steve got to stand up in church with all the fathers to be recognized. He also got his first Father's day present...


I don't have to tell you that he LOVED it!!

Along with the babies first onesies, I also made my first baby purchase. Me, mom and grandma went to Glenmary's neighborhood yard sale over the weekend and we came across a lady who had a set of twin boys and she was selling this...

(of course Elly had to sneak in the picture:)

This is a nursing pillow for twins so you can have them on there at the same time. She said she couldn't ever find one of these in the stores and that she had to order it online. Thanks to grandma's negotiating skills, I got this for a steal at $5. I'm not crazy about using used things from people I don't know, but this looked like it was brand new and it has a cover I can take off and disinfect. We saw a lot of other things like swings, and toys but I don't think I can go there yet. When I brought this home, I put it on Steve to show him how it worked (she said it was good just to hold the babies at the same time to give them bottles too) and Elly got on it and went right to sleep. I guess she still thinks that everything we bring into the house is hers. This is going to be interesting when she realizes she is going to have to share. Steve thought it worked great as a tray table so he could eat his dinner on the couch. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great seeing U 3 this past week, take care! Love DAC