Tuesday, June 9, 2009

12 WEEKS

Finally! We've made it through the first trimester..Yay!!!

In honor of this milestone, Here are my first ever pregnant photos:

The first one is my 11 week photo that I never got around to posting...oops:)


And this is my 12 week photo:


Why do I look bigger at 11 weeks than 12? I guess black really is slimming.

This week the babies are the size of plums. They have doubled their size in just a few weeks. The biggest change that I can tell from this past week is that my morning sickness is dwindling but I find myself getting nauseous throughout the day. I get headaches constantly which are a big challenge for me since I could count on one hand the number of headaches I usually get in a year. I think a lot of that is due to not keeping food on my stomach. I've been packing a cooler everyday to carry with me that has enough snacks to last me until I get home from work. I hardly ever come home with anything left (oink, oink). I think that will help with the headaches. I also have been having the craziest dreams. I have dreams that I can remember almost every night but these have been so far out in left field and so vivid. It's been interesting...

I'm looking forward to my doctors appointment next week. I'm not sure what the agenda is but I hope we will get another ultrasound so we can see what's going on in there. At my last appointment, my doctor wanted to monitor the swelling of my ovaries so I'm also interested to know if they have gone back to normal or if some of my size is still because they are swollen. I feel like I'm still bigger than I should be, even for carrying twins and for being 3 months. I haven't even gained 10 pounds this whole time so I think there would still have to be swelling.

Although we are not actively thinking of baby names at this point, Steve did buy me a baby name book for my birthday. We look at it every once in a while and get a good laugh. I just want everyone to know that the name "Studs" is up for grabs as we will not be using this name (yes, that really is in the book). I guess there probably wouldn't be another "Studs" in their class when they start school...hmmm....still no.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! You've certainly got that "pregnancy glow"!!! My morning sickness ended right at 12 weeks....I will hope for the same for you!

Love, Lauren

Ashley Nelson said...

I had crazy dreams the whole time. My least favorite was the one where Aubree was a hermaphrodite. You look great BTW.