Thursday, January 21, 2010

22 Weeks

Today is a milestone for us that many of you may not realize. Today is 22 weeks since our babies were born. After today, we will officially have been longer without them than we were with them.

Yesterday morning I was laying in bed thinking about the previous day. I had a busy day on Tuesday and I couldn't remember if I thought about Lila & Cole at all that day. I came just short of panicking because that is not something that I am ready for yet. I know that there will come a day when that will be the case, but I hope it's not a day that comes soon.

I feel like I'm slipping further and further away all the time. I used to go to the cemetery, without fail, at least once a week. Now I might stretch it to 10 days. I do, however, always go to the special blessing once a month Deacon Bob does at the cemetery unless I have been out of town.

Steve made a comment a while back that he thought "I was stuck in the moment of losing them." I admitted that I was stuck in that moment because that's where I was comfortable and that's where I felt closest to them. I miss that moment sometimes. I even miss that pain. As odd as that sounds, it's hard to move forward without them.


I have a couple of special necklaces that were given to me in honor of Lila & Cole and I always try to wear one of those or my March of Dimes bracelet everyday. As I laid there thinking yesterday, I remembered that I had worn my bracelet on Tuesday so I know that, if even for a moment, I did in fact think of my babies.


And I carried them in my heart and on my wrist that day.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wear my bracelet... so even if you feel like Lila and Cole aren't being thought of, they are!! AND... it also makes me think of you and Steve as well! :-)

Love you!
Beth